The last time I showed you pictures of this afghan it was just a jumble of squares and triangles.
Last week I finished crocheting the few pieces that remained on the list. Then I started assemblying. First I laid out all of the tulip blocks to determine how I wanted to arrange them on the afghan. Then I stacked them in order so that I could grab off the top of the pile as I crocheted them together. In a project like this a little organization goes a long way. Finally it was done.
You can’t really tell, but I started with the palest pink tulip in the upper left corner and then worked my way down through the darker shades of pink. I pulled this picture into Photoshop so that I could darken it up a bit and add a little contrast to give you a better idea of the actual colors.
The good thing about using the single crochet stitch to join all of the blocks is that if you make a mistake it’s easy to tear out your stitching and start over. If I had been sewing it with a needle and yarn then there’s a very good chance that one of these tulips would have been on their side.
Of course the Quality Inspector had to check it out.
I can feel him judging my joining stitches. To be fair, though, it’s very difficult to attach blocks on a growing blanket when you have a little gray cat on your lap who gets grumpy if he gets covered up by said blanket.
“Relunctantly I am going to pass this blanket. The stitches are not even and I think I should sleep on this for a few weeks before I give my final verdict. However, I’m hungry and want to be fed so stop taking pictures and get me a can of food!”