Project Linus Blanket #36:
“Wrong Kind of Diamond”
You might recognize this yarn. It was used in my last Project Linus blanket. It is Red Heart’s Bunches of Hugs. I was hoping to use up all of this yarn that I have on hand, but I still have about a skein and a half. I’m going to put it in my stash and use it farther down the road. I’m not fond of it. Especially since I could never find the center pull end on either of the blue skeins that I purchased. It rather irritated me.
I used the Tulip Fields Afghan pattern, but instead of doing flower blocks I just made them all solid. This is actually an interesting way to use up yarn. The biggest pain is just sewing the blocks all together at the end. When I had finished the last block I was somewhat happy. Then I realized I still had a lot of sewing to do, so I was no longer happy.
I used a single crochet join and did my best to line up the blocks before joining them. It just didn’t work out the best. There are a few large spaces here and there. Oh well.
I know one thing, it’s going to be a while before I make another blanket that requires you to sew blocks together. I think I’ll head back to my ripples again.