Dresses For Missions… Finally!

Yes, it’s been a while. It’s not for lack of materials, either. Other hobbies have taken up my time. However, I purchased some cotton batik when I was working on the chasuble for Advent that didn’t end up getting used.

Chasuble Adornment Mockup 4

It’s the pink/purple/blue fabric that I tried as stripes down the front of the chasuble. It was thought to be too feminine, but I knew it would be perfect for Dresses.

Dress #37

Dress #37 3-4-18

Isn’t that pretty?!

I didn’t add any kind of fancy decoration at the top of the dress because I felt the material was already busy enough.

Dress #37 Hem Detail

For the hem ruffle I used a solid pink that had a bit of a pattern in it with a bit of sheen. You can’t tell, but the lace I used at the bottom is a pale blue. Then I used a solid grosgrain ribbon with sparkly rick-rack.

Dress #37 Sparkly Rick Rack

Oooo… sparkly!

One thing I noticed when working on this dress is that I need to mix things up a bit. I’ve been sewing this style for a while now and I’m getting bored. Also, due to the way that I add the ruffle and trim it creates a lot of extra sewing. I need to simplify things, so I think that’s what I’m going to work on when I start on the next one.


This entry was posted in Charity, Dresses for Missions, Sewing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.