Project Linus Blanket #37
This was my vacation crochet. I worked on it in the car, out by the pool, and in the evenings when we were just hanging out. It was a last-minute pick and I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out.
I follow Creative Grandma on YouTube and saw her video about one of her latest afghans, the Sunny Day Shell Afghan. I thought it might make a nice blanket for Project Linus. Glenda used a variegated yarn and for some reason some of the yarn I had purchased a while ago popped into my head.
I had purchased a mixed lot of Ice Yarn’s Magic Light. This is a #3 100% acrylic yarn and I really enjoy working with it. You can’t see much of it, but there were some yellow-gold and blue-turquoise skeins that I wound. I grabbed a bunch of these and off I went.
In the original pattern Glenda used a #4 yarn with a J (6.00mm) hook. Since I was using a #3, and I didn’t want too many holes, I went with a H (5.00) hook. Also, the pattern calls for 10 – 7oz skeins of yarn. I kept track of how much yarn I used while I was making it. Umm.. I only used 18.4oz. I stopped crocheting when I did because I was afraid that if I added more I would make the blanket way too long when compared to its width.
It’s not a very big one, but it’s okay. As I started crocheting I got three rows in and I almost ripped it all out. I decided to keep going and I’m glad that I did. I will probably use this pattern again, but next time with either a bigger hook or a #4 worsted yarn. In the meantime, I at least managed to use 18 oz of yarn that otherwise would have just sat in my stash!