Bathroom Closet Finished!

It feels like it took FOREVER. It got to the point where I didn’t want to walk through the living room at all.

Bathroom Closet Guts

It was just… messy.

I was going to leave the inside primed and not paint it, but then I decided that one more layer of protection wouldn’t hurt.

Bathroom Closet Painted 1-31-20

I know. It looks white. But it’s a slightly warmer white, if that makes sense. I bought special bathroom/kitchen paint that is suppose to handle moisture better than regular paint. It also has some kind of anti-mildew stuff in it. It was not cheap!

Bathroom Closet Painted 2 1-31-20

Luckily I was able to get it tinted to a color similar to what I wanted for my sewing room. Thus I will be using this paint in that room when I get to it. I was going to buy paint for the sewing room anyway, so now I definitely won’t have to worry about mildew growing in there, either.

I managed to get all of the shelves repainted.

Workbench 2-2-20

While I was doing that Jay made the new frame for the closet.

Bathroom Closet Frames 2-16-20

I asked that he make it with a peg system so that we can move the shelves around as needed. I really wasn’t sure where I wanted them, so being able to move them whenever I get the itch really makes me happy.

And Jay was happy because he made quite the mess while drilling the holes.

Drilling Holes Mess 2-16-20

Finally, after one coat of primer, they were ready to be installed.

Bathroom Closet Frame Installed 2-18-20

This side was able to be anchored to the wall, but the other side wasn’t. There’s only one sheet of drywall there so any screws or fasteners would be visible. It’s okay, though. The weight of the shelves will keep it in place.

Bathroom Closet Floor 2-18-20

I used the vinyl peel-and-stick tiles for the closet floor. Whoever built this closet did not own a tape measure because the stupid thing is not square. It’s kind of a trapezoidal shape so the tiles look really bad when you see them in person. I just keep reminding myself it’s only a closet floor. I did have Jay put a threshold down to at least finish it off a little. As you can see there still is not molding in this part of the bathroom either in or out of the closet.

I also had Jay help me hang some of those DampRid bags at the top.

Bathroom Closet DampRid 2-18-20

I really hope they help draw the moisture in so that we don’t have to worry about mildew again.

Finally, it’s finished!!!

Bathroom Closet Finished 2-18-20

This entry was posted in My House, Real Life, Remodeling and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.