Project Linus Blanket #25:
I can’t believe that this is the 25th blanket I’ve crocheted for Project Linus! Of course, looking at my stock of yarn it seems like I haven’t crocheted nearly enough to justify the stash! Oh well. This one I have named, “Shorted” because the poor thing was shorted all over. I don’t know if I didn’t calculate correctly or what, but I was a row and a half short of finishing the designed stripe when I ran out of the denim colored yarn. Then I ran out of the variegated yarn three rows short of finishing the end. I think that I might have even cut down the width of a stripe or two in order to stretch the yarn a little farther.
The light kind of washes the colors out, but I think you get the idea. The good thing with this blanket was that I didn’t have much to put back into my stash when I was done. I did have to dig through my yarn to find another blue skein (which I happened to have), so that was one good thing about having so much yarn. Otherwise I would have had to mix yet another blue color in it.
It is currently covered in cat hair, though. Chester has decided to claim this one as hers since I so unceremoniously got rid of the other ones she enjoyed. Life is tough.