First off, I realize that it’s not July 1st. That was when I took an update picture and I just haven’t had time to post it.
So, as of June 16th this was as far as I had gotten. I had finished up all of the regular stitching and was getting ready to start in on the background lettering.
And here it is as of July 1st. All of the words are complete on the right side of the cross. Now I just have to finish them on the left side.
Some more exciting news is that I found the frame for it today. It was originally $50, but Michael’s had it on clearance for $23. It’s a slightly lighter wooden frame than what I used for the Winter cross, but I think that’s exactly what I need. I don’t want to frame this light and summery cross with a heavy, dark frame. It will probably be at least another month before I’ve finished all of the outlining, but I can’t wait to have this framed and on the wall!