This was officially finished on November 1st. I started it on February 3rd. Almost exactly 9 months from start to finish! I think that this is the quickest that I’ve stitched one of these crosses. I’m not sure if it’s because it had less stitching (it didn’t seem like it!) or if it’s because I went out of my way to make sure that I worked on it consistently.
Here it was the last time you saw it:
And now it’s done!!
I have washed and pressed it, so now I just have to find the time to lace it up and frame it. I ended up having Hobby Lobby make a frame for me because I just couldn’t find anything that had a deep enough frame or that really called to me. I also chose two mats that I think will really set this piece off. Jay was a bit surprised by my color choices because they aren’t the usual colors that you would associate with me. I’m not telling you what they are because I want you to be surprised with the end result.
I did pick out my next big project, but I won’t start on it until after Christmas. I asked Jay for some special scroll rods as gifts and I want to use them next. In the meantime I’m keeping busy with making Christmas presents and I’m still working on the crocheted garland that I want for my tree. I have one 10′ section done, but that’s it. I’m going to put it on this year despite the fact that it will be all alone. As I finish the other ones I’ll either put them on or put them away for next year. I figure I’m going to need at least three 10′ pieces. We’ll see how far I get on those!